THE ORIGIN AND PURPOSE : To educate the children from poor
families of the locality as well as those from rural areas, Capitanio School was
started in 1940, having IV, V and VI forms.
In 1946 the Department of Education urged the management to start a Secondary Teachers'
Training School to make up for the dearth of educators in South Canara. The pioneer batch
of 26 students gave a whole hearted response to the methodology and teaching practice
and walked out with a cent percent result in the Board Examinations. This served as
an impetus to continue the new venture on a permanent service basis. The college has
seen novel changes and experimentations in curricular as well as in methodology in
keeping with the new and constantly changing trends in the field of education. It
has carved name and fame for itself down the years through dediated service to the nation.